Over the past few years, I’ve had the pleasure of attending several global alumni gatherings around the world, including Mexico City, Budapest, Panama, Moscow, Vienna, Novi Saad, and Taiwan. Each of these events has been a unique gathering of wonderful people, who are all bound together by shared experiences and AIESEC values. As our dear departed friend Rollie Gosiengfiao liked to point out, AIESEC Alumni International Meetings (AAIMs) are one of our most important “products!”
If you’ve never been to a global alumni gathering or it’s been at least a few years, I encourage you to come experience one first-hand, and see why these events are so great. Please join us for the AIESEC Alumni International Congress (AAIC) in Porto, Portugal this April 9-12. We have planned an outstanding gathering, and we are looking forward to making this a memorable experience for all participants.
Here are a few highlights of what you can expect:
- You’ll meet an incredible collection of interesting AIESECers from all corners of the world. It’s a great opportunity to reconnect with old friends as well as make new ones.
- Alumni leaders will have their own track, where we will review progress against our strategic plans, share best practices on NAA development, membership and programs and discuss the next steps in the AAI Transformation Project.
- We’ll be electing the next AAI Executive Board, who will be responsible for leading our organization over the next few years.
- Our general alumni track features engaging sessions on leadership development, presentations from alumni and Portuguese business leaders, an NGO and Business Showcase and our Change Agents Workshop.
- We’ll be rolling out the first major release of AlumNet, our highly anticipated global online community portal.
All attendees will enjoy the beauty of Porto and Esposende, as well as Portuguese food, wine, culture and hospitality.
Now more than ever is the right time to connect to AIESEC Alumni by joining us in Porto. Click Here for more info and sign up today!
Very best regards,
Andrew G. Rowe, President
AIESEC Alumni International