Dear AAI members and all AIESEC alums,
Please read the important letter below from Ken Phillips, Chair of the AAI Nominations Committee, about our search for strong candidates for AAI’s next Executive Board. This is a very important action for the continued development of AIESEC alumni activities around the world.
President, AIESEC Alumni International
on behalf of AAI’s Executive Board
Dear AAI members and all AIESEC alums everywhere,
For the first time in our history, we are launching a new process for the nomination and election of AAI’s Executive Board (EB). With this communication, we are reaching out to all of you to find the strongest candidates for presentation for our global vote in March. Under the new approach, AAI members will be able to vote for the Executive Board members, either physically during Congress, electronically or by correspondence, whether they are at the Congress or not, simply by responding to the email they will receive from AAI one month before the AAI Congress, in accordance with a process to be announced. This will ensure that every AAI member worldwide has a voice in AAI’s governance.
Call for Candidates
The Vienna Congress in 2013 authorized the creation of a new Nominations Committee. The objective of the Nominations Committee is to have highly qualified and committed nominees and to ensure that the strongest possible Executive Board will be elected to carry out its responsibilities and carry forward the AAI Transformation Project. You can help by suggesting a candidate and getting that person to submit their application!
Candidate Submission for Election to AAI’s Executive Board
Each candidate must provide the following information to the Nominations Committee by February 3rd. Click here to learn how to submit this information.
- Your name, nationality, residence and occupation.
- Your AIESEC and alumni experience at the local, national, regional and international levels.
- What is your vision or dream for AAI? Name 2-3 things you would like to work on as an EB member.
- If not elected, would you continue to work for AAI in these areas?
- Can you commit to attend in person two meetings per year? And to monthly teleconferences?
- Two references from members of AAI or regional or national alumni associations and a brief recommendation letter from each of them.
- Links to your social media, if any (optional).
- Statement by the candidate that attests to the accuracy of all information provided, that he/she accepts the candidature, and that information about their candidacy may be shared publicly by AAI.
Any AIESEC alum can recommend a candidate, but the candidate must submit this information to the Nominations Committee himself or herself. Only a member of AAI (current member or new member) can be nominated for election to the AAI Executive Board. Only AAI members can vote in the election.
Please reply below with any questions or reach out directly to Nominations Committee Chair Ken Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your participation and support!
From the AAI Nominations Committee
Oscar Ayala Arana, Colombia
Rollie Gosiengfiao, Philippines
Tomasz Klisiewicz, Poland
Akber Pandor, United Kingdom
Ken Phillips, United States
Mari Teneberg, Sweden