Over 100 alumni from 12 countries gathered in Bogotá, Colombia March 10th-13th for the Regional Alumni Congress of AIESEC Alumni Iberoamérica (AAIB). The event brought alumni together to collaborate and contribute in moving the alumni network forward across the region.
This year’s RAC was a wonderful homecoming for the guests in attendance. AIESEC Alumni Colombia did an outstanding job of putting together a world-class event such as:
- Sessions entitled Window of Opportunities, which provided professional and personal networking to all participants allowing them to explore business partnerships, new relationships and get to know each other at a deeper level.
- Ricardo Obregon, a well-known Colombian business leader and AIESEC alum, shared stories from his high-profile career as the CEO of several leading Colombian companies, as well as how AIESEC played a critical role in developing his leadership skills.
- Outgoing AAIB President Felipe Cardenas and his team provided an update on the growth of AIESEC Alumni throughout the region.
- AAI President Andrew Rowe & AAI team members inspired participants with an overview of the Global AIESEC Leadership Initiative along with a guided tour of AlumNet.
- Participants enjoyed three wonderful evenings of Colombian culture, outstanding cuisine, music and dance!
- 15 participants continued onwards to Medellín and Cartagena for the post-RAC study tour, along with excellent meals, a boat excursion and plenty of partying!
As our network of alumni continues to grow, regional events such as these are a must for all individuals interested in connecting to your AIESEC roots. With Regional Alumni Congresses happening each year in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America, there are plenty of opportunities to experience these wonderful gatherings and get re-injected with a dose of AIESEC spirit. Stay tuned for upcoming events and we hope to see you in the near future!